Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Au Naturel


The scene at the Union Square Greenmarket is getting robust each time I visit there. Ramps showed up a few weeks ago and they are still going strong. Asparagus made its comeback this week. Flowers & herbs are everywhere. I just saw rhubarb, too!

To welcome back these vegetables, today I prepared a dish that is uncomplicated, minimally seasoned. So ramps, whole carrots and a Yukon potato (both skins intact) are pan-roasted with little olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. I also sprinkled some dried thyme flowers I harvested from the yard last season. After 20 or so minutes of roasting, arrange the vegetables in the container. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and about a tea spoon of Ronnybrook garlic butter into the pan, and continue cooking down until it thickens. Then drizzle the sauce over the vegetables.

That is it! How much simpler could it be?

Ku Cake

No comments: