Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Season of Pies











Cool weather brings the joy of baking pies. For this year's Thanksgiving Holiday, I am baking the classic three: apple pie, pumpkin pie and pecan tartlets from scratch, of course.

This deep, double-crusted apple pie came out really nice. The combination of Granny Smith, Northern Spy and Cortland apples seem to create the nice balance of tartness and texture.

You can't spend the Thanksgiving weekend without having a slice of pumpkin pie...can you? Its flavor is full of pumpkin, hint of clove, and just silky creamy yummy.

Pecan pie is my favorite. And to make it easy to gobble down, I am baking the two-bites size individual tartlets instead. The goodness of a pecan pie is all there - buttery crust, crunchy pecans, the filling that is not too sticky nor too sweet - I can just keep popping them in my mouth all day long. Highly dangerous, indeed.

I will be taking more pictures as I bake through this winter.

Ku Cake

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oishii!!!!!!!!!
That looks yummy.

Unknown said...

Having eaten several of Masako's pies and other delights, I can attest that your Thanksgiving feast is not complete without one or two or three...

Jonathan Royce said...

MASAKO-SAN!I'm getting VEEEEEERRY HUNGRY.....

Unknown said...

Masako,
I am partial to fruit tartes and pecan pies are just too sweet. Have a go at a rhubard tarte. I think it's still in season.
Ciao for now,